Hey there! I’m Jade, a 30-something year old navigating through life’s lessons – on my yoga mat and all over the world. After spending my twenties experiencing living in different European countries and traveling sporadically, once my thirties hit, I knew I was ready to take the plunge and travel full time. I love slow travel, staying in a place for a few months at a time and really getting to know the places I visit, experiencing what local life is like.
I’d like this site to be a place that inspires travel and self-transformation. When I look back and see the person I was and the person I’ve become, I feel inspired to bring the same realizations and lessons I’ve learned in my own life to anyone who might read this stuff! My travel style coupled with my yoga practice (on and off of the mat) allow me to see things with a fresh perspective.
“Everything I was I carry with me,
everything I am lies on the road ahead.”Ma Jian
Random facts – (because writing about myself feels strange):
- Currently based in Cluj-Napoca, Romania – initially waiting out the madness of COVID-19, now I live here with my fiancé, my dog from the United States (Andre) and our newly adopted puppy (Misi). While I miss family and friends back home in Rhode Island, USA, things here are relatively calm, peaceful, and safe. People are kind and helpful. And it’s gorgeous!
- I have a B.S. in Biochemistry and worked as an environmental scientist before picking up and shipping off to Europe. I now work exclusively online, teaching English and managing this website, and am completely location-independent!
- I got kicked out of Ernest Hemingway’s house for jumping in his pool.
- I bartended for 10 years.
- I’m a huge social rights advocate, liberal, and so relieved Trump is out of office.
- I used to do a lot of drugs and drink a lot of booze. I still enjoy my wine, though not NEAR to the same extent. And I haven’t given up my mary jane 🙂
- I am super Type A and a bit of a control freak – hence the yoga.
- I’ve lived in Europe as well as 5 U.S. states.
- I’ve been to 20 countries so far, but have spent an extensive amount of time in most. I like to re-visit places that I love instead of ticking boxes on a list. My travel plans for 2020 included Ukraine, Poland, and Lithuania, yet COVID struck and I never made it further than Romania. After solo traveling full-time with a dog, it’s nice to settle down a bit.
- In terms of 2021 – who knows. With border closures and my (largely useless) American passport, exploring more of Romania seems like the most likely option.
- I’m a reformed asshole with the mouth of a sailor.
- I can be super strange and awkward, or I can speak eloquently with the proper amount of eye contact. Depends on the day.
- I have a dog named Andre – dachshund, bassett, catahoula mix. He’s a troublemaker, but he’s so cute and very loving. In August of 2020, we adopted Misi, a white and black mutt who was found in a sewer shaft here in Romania. He starts every morning with loads of kisses and enjoys eating toilet paper while we’re not home.
- Between taking time off, occasionally only taking classes part time, and just general 20-something stupidity – I didn’t get my degree until I was 30. Oof. That’s hard to type.
- I like using salad forks to eat everything. EXCEPT SALADS. The longer tines are better to spear more lettuce leafs!
- I’ve been teaching yoga and mindfulness since 2016, but have had a dedicated practice since 2006. I have a 200-hour Yoga Certification in Baptiste-inspired Power Yoga, 60-Hour Yoga Outreach Certification, and a 70-Hour Yin and Mindfulness Certification. I’m slowly but surely chipping away at my 300-Hour YTT Certification.
- I have incredible amounts of social anxiety, but I’m going to try super hard to be as transparent and real (i.e. VULNERABLE) as possible on this site.
Thanks for stopping in!
- where to stay in tulum: 15 accommodations for all budgets
- exploring the mindo cloud forest
- prague vs. vienna – which city is better for visitors?
- top 8 environmentally friendly yoga mats
- 10 unique hidden gems in prague